Take Voice Lessons with Helen Todd
Are you ready for auditions? Is it time to get serious about singing lessons and finding a true voice teacher in opera or musical theatre? Ms. Todd maintains a private voice studio in Cleveland, Ohio where most of her students are musical theatre actors or opera singers in the Cleveland theatre scene and throughout the US. She does have a select group of younger students, some beginner voice students, who are considering a career in the performing arts. Ms. Todd’s focus in teaching is to prepare singers for auditions to work and get paid for their singing. She prepares singers for professional auditions, competitions and performances. She also prepares high school and older for both undergraduate auditions and graduate auditions in both voice performance and musical theatre. Ms. Todd also plays full piano accompaniment for all of her students’ lessons. Once or twice a year, Ms. Todd holds a voice studio showcase for students to perform. Those singers pursuing vocal performance degrees are encouraged to prepare a senior recital before going to college.
Ms. Todd offers a free half hour consultation to assess the singer’s strengths and weaknesses and how best she can help the singer achieve their goals. Let Ms. Todd get you ready for auditions with professional voice lessons. For specific pricing, please contact Helen Todd directly. Lesson times range from 30 minutes to 45 minutes to one hour.
Former and current students of Ms. Todd have appeared nationally with Broadway tours, The Pearl Theatre Company (NYC), Paramount Theatre Chicago, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and locally with Cleveland Playhouse, Dobama Theatre, Akron Symphony Chorus, Cleveland Orchestra Chorus, Beck Center, Willoughby Fine Arts, Mercury Summer Stock, Great Lakes Theatre Festival, Opera Cleveland, Near West Theatre, Playhouse Square, Porthouse Theatre, Cain Park, Cleveland Public Theatre, CSU’s Factory Theatre, and Kent State University, among others, and her students have been accepted and have received scholarships to such noteworthy institutions as Northwestern University, Ithaca College, DePaul University, Lawrence University, Southern Methodist University and Otterbein College.
Testimonial from studio member, Nicole Sumlin: “Helen is a consummate professional and will do whatever it takes to help her clients succeed. Her focused feedback and proven strategies for improved vocal perfromance have revolutionized my singing. My time with her has helped me tighten up my technique and greatly improve my overall vocal health. Run to her studio, folks!”
Current & Former Studio Member Accomplishments
Happening Now update July 15, 2021
- Results from Senior Auditions 2021: Studio seniors were accepted into the following BFA programs; Ithaca College, Shenandoah, Roosevelt University, Wright State University, Cap 21, Ohio Northern University, Webster University, Manhattan School of Music, Rider University, Point Park University, Long Island University, Southern Illinois University, Nazareth College, Wagner; Accepted for Acting: DePaul University, Otterbein University, Circle in the Square, University of the Arts, Michigan State University, Ohio University.
- Emma Grace Canzano accepted to DePaul University in Bachelor of Fine Arts Acting Fall 2021.
- Hannah Duncan accepted to Roosevelt University Performing Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Fall 2021.
- Violet Webster accepted to Sarah Lawrence College in Theatre Arts.
- Emma Grace Canzano starred as Leading Player in Pippin at St. Ignatius High School, February 2021.
- Roxie Popovsky accepted to Drexel University in Theatre Arts, Fall 2020.
- Amir Smith and Calista Zajac named Top Ten in Shining Star CLE 2021.
- Results from Senior College Auditions 2020: Acceptances for BFA: Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Marymount Manhattan, Wright State University, Kent State University, Ball State University, Otterbein University, New York University, Emerson College, Ohio Northern University, Ohio University; For Voice Performance: Belmont University, Shenandoah University, and University of Vermont
- Olivia Rood accepted to Shenandoah Conservatory in Voice Performance Bachelor of Music, Fall 2020.
- Kiara Durbin accepted to Western Michigan University in Bachelor of Fine Arts Acting, Fall 2020.
- Natalie Joritz accepted to Heidelberg University in Bachelors of Arts Musical Theatre, Fall 2020.
- Grant Bell accepted to Ohio Northern University in Bachelor of Fine Arts Musical Theatre, Fall 2020.
- Felix Albino, Calista Zajac, and Zoe Douglas named Top Ten Shining Star CLE 2020.
- Brian Tuohey accepted to Ithaca College in Bachelors of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre Fall 2020.
- Julianna Tate accepted to Ohio Northern University in Bachelor of Fine Arts Musical Theatre, Fall 2019.
- Eva Spencer performs the lead in Matilda at Hawken School, March 2020.
- Julianna Tate performs the lead role of Mary Poppins at Hawken School, February 2019.
- Amanda Medley accepted to New York University for Masters of Music in Vocal Pedagogy.
- Uma Singh accepted to University of Michigan for Voice Performance Bachelors of Music, Fall 2017.
- Catherine Zickert accepted to University of Kentucky for Voice Performance Bachelors of Music, Fall 2017.
- Jasmine Ridler accepted into the Interlochen Arts Academy on scholarhip for her senior year of High School, fall 2016.
- Nicole Sumlin performing as a soloist in Blues in the Night at Karamu Theatre in Cleveland, September 2016.
- Amanda Medley performing the role of Cinderella in Into the Woods at Cassidy Theatre in October 2016. This past season, she performed the role of Mrs. Banks in Mary Poppins at Canton Lyric Players Guild in May 2016.
- Uma Singh interned at Sugar Creek Opera and sang in the chorus of The Grapes of Wrath and recently was cast as Aldonza in Man of La Mancha at Chagrin Falls Performing Arts Academy, October 2016 performances.
- Grace Wilkinson performed the role of Ruthie in Sugar Creek Opera’s production of The Grapes of Wrath. She sang with 30 piece orchestra as well as professional opera singers.
- Catherine Zickert interned at Sugar Creek Opera and sang in the chorus of The Grapes of Wrath, July 2016.
- Calista Zajac performing the role of Tina in Ruthless at Beck Center, performances September 2016. She also debuted the role of Little Red Riding Hood in Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute’s production of Into the Woods this past summer 2016.
- Chris Richards starring as Walter Jenkins in All the Way with Cleveland Playhouse, September 2016.
- Emma Blemaster performed the role of Lowbutt in Honk! The Musical in spring 2016, Sebastian in Little Mermaid in March 2015 and the role of Iago in Aladdin in November 2014 all with Heights Youth Theatre. She is also a performer and writer with Marilyn Bianchi Kid’s Playwriting Festival, June 2106.
- Kate Haffke performed the role of Kendra in 13 The Musical with Beachwood Community Theatre, April 2016.
- Riley Firehammer performed the role of Patrice in 13 The Musical with Beachwood Community Theatre, April 2016.
- Karla Cummins performed the role of Queen of the Night in The Magic Flute with Opera Circle Cleveland, March 2016.
- Connor Reese performing in Silence the Musical at Blank Canvas Theatre, October 2016.
- Brian Tuohey just cast as Howard Hill in The Music Man with Heights Youth Theatre, performances in October 2016. Last season, he sang the role of Riff in West Side Story with Heights Youth Theatre and the role of Brett in 13 The Musical at Beachwood Community Theatre, spring 2016.
- Aidan McKeon just cast as Daddy Warbucks in Annie at Magnificat High School and was accepted for the second year in a row to Interlochen Arts Camp for Musical Theatre. He also sang the role of Amos in Chicago with Beck Center in March 2015.
- Alyssa Waag performed the role of Gabriella in High School Musical with Mercury Theatre’s Teen Stock, July 2016.
- Emma Moughan performed the role of Pinocchio in Shrek in April 2016 and the role of Jemima in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! in Solon High School production, April 2015.
- Kiara Durbin accepted into the Junior Company at Mercury Theatre and performed in the production of The Little Mermaid in August 2016.
- Anika Yadati was a featured soloist with Singing Angels in Cleveland during the holiday concerts in December 2016 and is performing as a featured soloist in Twinsburgh Community Theatre’s concert “On The Corner of Broadway & Twinsburg”, January 2016.
- Alison Arko performed the role of Jenny Lind in Barnum at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, performing August 2015 and performed the role of Fiona in Shrek with Twinsburg Theatre in March 2015.
- Nicole Sumlin performed as a featured soloist in Violet at Lakeland Theatre in February 2015 and performed the role of Elizabeth Keckley in Civil War Christmas at Dobama Theatre in December 2014 to much acclaim.
- Calista Zajac performed the role of Young Cosette in Les Miserables with Great Lakes Theatre, performing October & November 2014, downtown Cleveland.
- Anika Yadati performed the role of Young Fiona in Shrek in Twinsburg Community Theatre production, March 2015.
- Neely Gevaart performed the role of Violet in Violet at Lakeland Theatre, February 2015 and recently performed the role of Franca in The Light in the Piazza at Lakeland Theatre, February 2014.
- Tarion Young as a singing gondolier at The Venetian in Las Vegas working now.
- Cameron Dashiell performed the role of Mama Morton in Chicago with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines for one year.
- Justin Gentry performing the role of Magic Maker in Stephen Schwartz’s Magic To Do with Princess Cruises starting July 2015.
More Ongoing Accomplishments
- Jonathan Ramos cast as Justin in Amber Brown is Not a Crayon with ArtsPower National Touring company.
- Magan Dee Yantko cast as Natalie in Next to Normal at New Hazlett Theatre in Pittsburgh.
- Lara Mainier cast as Jan in Grease at The Paramount Theatre in Chicago and performed the role of Pinkalicous in Pinkalicous at the Broadway Theatre in Chicago, two year run!!!.
- Ryan Bergeron Accepted to NYU for graduate school in Masters in Voice Performance & Vocal Pedagogy!
- Kayla Carabotta Awarded a $12,000 voice scholarship to Alderson Broadus College.
- Shannon Eller Named the jazz soloist with the Dave Banks Big Band! http://davebanksbigband.tripod.com/ Performing throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- Andrew Miller Four year scholarship winner for attending Ithaca College for Musical Theatre.
- Magan Yantko Four year scholarship winner for attending Point Park Conservatory in Pittsburgh for Musical Theatre.
- Justin Gentry performed in Saturday Night Fever with Royal Caribbean Cruises in the Mediterranean through December 2013.